Friday, December 6, 2013

My Weekend in Paris! Bonjour!

Paris...the city of love.  I have always dreamed about going to Paris since I was a little girl.  I love all the glitz and glamour that it has to offer.  I have read so many books about Paris during different time periods and dreamed of what it would be like.  Well this past weekend, I got to visit the city I had always dreamed about!

Sarah, Mary Bruce, Ashley, Erica, Brittany and I left for Paris on Friday night.  We had a late flight so as soon as we got there we went straight to our hotel and went to bed.  Saturday morning we woke up, ate some breakfast and headed out for the day.  Our first stop was Notre Dame.  We somehow timed it just right and went in while there was no line.  The inside of the church was beautiful.  I loved all the stain glass and old architecture.  I lit a candle inside the cathedral.  Every time I visit a church I try to light a candle. It's one of my favorite things to do when I travel :)



After Notre Dame, we were going on a tour of the city.  We met our guide at St. Michel's fountain.  The first place our guide took us was to Notre Dame! We had already been inside but it was nice to hear a little bit of history about the church. It has many famous visitors and it is definitely a magical place.  After Notre Dame, we walked for a little bit while she pointed out different sights. Then, we got to the lock bridge.  This was definitely on my list of things to see! It is a bridge that people have started putting locks on with their loved one's name.  Then they throw the key into the river.  I put a lock on for Michael and I.  It was a lot of fun! 



After visiting the lock bridge,  we went in the courtyard of the Lourve.  It is right next to the lock bridge so it was a short walk.  We were planning on going inside the Lourve on Sunday so we didn't spend too much time there.  We took a few silly pictures and then went on the the next thing!



We ate lunch at a traditional French restaurant.  I had beef bourguignon and it was delicious.  It is like a beef stew with potatoes, carrots and onions.  I loved it! After lunch, we went to the Eiffel Tower.  I was so excited to finally see it and when we got there I just stared at it for the longest time.  It is absolutely amazing.  We tried to buy tickets online to go to the top but they were sold out online for that weekend.  When we got there, we decided to wait in line to take the stairs to the second level.  It was a lot of work to climb up those stairs! But it was worth it in the end.  The view was beautiful.  I could see all of Paris.


After the Eiffel Tower we headed to Champs Elysses to do a little shopping and see the Arc de Triomphe.  The Christmas lights were out all over the city so it was beautiful.  It was nice to just walk down Champs Elysses and look at the shops and lights.  After a little while, we decided we wanted to find the Longchamp store since the bags are made in Paris.  After walking for about 30 minutes we finally found it and got out Paris bags! It was worth it :)  Then, we found a famous bakery called Laduree that sells macaroons and other yummy things.  We went inside for a bit to warm up and look at all the pastries.  The line was way too long to get anything so we just looked and sniffed! :)  After this we decided to get dinner and head back to our hotel.

The next morning we went to the Lourve very early because our flight was early in the day.  We got to the Lourve about 15 minutes before it opened and got right in.  We saw the Mona Lisa and a few of Michaelangelo's most famous statues.  The Mona Lisa was the first thing we went to see.  It is very well protected! It has glass over it with two barriers so no one can get near it.  Of course there was a huge crowd here but once we saw it for a few minutes we decided to move on.  The Lourve is huge.  I could have spent weeks in there looking at all the paintings.  We managed to see a few of the biggest things there though and I told myself that I would just have to come back! I am a huge art fan! :)

Paris was absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to go back.  I am sad I didn't get much time there but at least I got a little while! I will definitely be visiting again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment